Who should be honored as the greatest Americans? Those who most consistently lived by and applied the American ideals of “liberty and justice for all”!
The greatest Americans:
- Boldly stood up for “liberty and justice for all,” not just for a particular group.
- Believed that ALL people “are created equal” and have rights that must be respected and honored.
- Insisted that The Bill of Rights applied to everybody equally, not just to people who looked like them.
- Thought that the principles of freedom should be equally applied, not just given to certain people.
- Tried to “establish justice” and “secure the blessings of liberty,” not just for themselves, but also for the oppressed.
- Defended human rights when they saw people being deprived of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
- Didn’t just talk about the ideals of freedom and democracy, but sought to equally apply them.
- Continually resisted any attempts to keep certain people from accessing the principles of liberty.
Let’s recognize and honor the greatest Americans, those who most faithfully lived up to and defended everybody’s “inalienable rights.” Check the list of my Top Ten Greatest Americans of all time according to these principles.