Some observations from John 15:9-17:
* Jesus loves you the same way that God the Father loves Him.
* To abide is to settle into and continually bask in Christ’s amazing love for you and not get distracted or run away from it.
* Basking in Christ’s love requires that you keep His commandments.
* Truly keeping Christ’s commandments will fill you with His joy. Living to please Jesus by keeping His Commandments is supposed to be a delight, not a burden.
* Jesus raises the standard of love that He calls us to beyond self-love to the greatest kind of love — the lay-down-your-life-love — the sacrificial love that He so clearly demonstrates for you.
* Actively surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus by obeying His commands opens the door to joyous friendship and intimacy with Him.
* Jesus isn’t keeping secrets from you but is revealing to you everything that He learned from the Father. Are you paying attention to Him?
* Jesus’ purpose in choosing you isn’t just to get you into Heaven, but that you bear lasting fruit.
* “Love each other,” isn’t a suggestion. It’s a command to you.
People have fun and enjoy obeying the rules of a video game. Why shouldn’t we do the same obeying God’s rules?
Jesus wants to plug you into His inner power outlet so God’s Spirit can freely flow thru you. Powerless religion proclaims words for the head but doesn’t set the human heart on fire. Instead of cultivating God’s garden in their own heart most Christians have been trained to sit and listen to a pastor try to do it.
Neither the religious leaders nor the political leaders wanted Jesus around. They teamed up to crucify Him. Where to now? Jesus is the Way.
I’m low maintenance on the outside, high maintenance on the inside. I continually and joyfully work on improving my thoughts, feelings. and desires.