The ABCs 4 retooling church 2 reach the 21st Century for Christ:
* Avoid autocratic agendas.
* Base it on the Biblical command in 1 Corinthians 14:26.
* Connect with Christ as our contemporary rather than confining Christ to the First Century.
* Draw out dialogue rather than maintaining monologue.
* Exchange extended explanations for expressive engagement.
* Facilitate don’t dominate.
* Give God your desire for human control.
* Have the people in places where they can see each other’s faces..
* Increase interactive involvement.
* Jettison one man control.
* Keep in tune with both the living Word (the Spirit) & the written Word (the Bible).
* Let leadership oversee the meeting like sports official to assure no one person takes over.
* Make meetings mutual not monolithic.
* Nourish new ideas.
* Obey the New Testament “one another” commandments.
* Practice God’s presence rather than presenting a program.
* Quit watching the clock.
* Rock the routine.
* Show lots of love.
* Train people to hear God and obey what He tells them.
* Utilize the talents and gifts of many people, not just one.
* Value people enough to listen to them in the meeting.
* Welcome the Spirit’s promptings
* X-ray the meeting by looking beyond the ordinary and beholding the extraordinary.
* Yield kindly to one another.
* Zoom in on the living, resurrected Jesus.
See the ABC’s in action at The Salvation Army Berry Street, 225 Berry St., Nashville, Tennessee 37207 on Sunday mornings at 10:45 am.