More than 150,000 people packed lower Broadway in Nashville for the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Some of the country songs riding the charts at the time seem to define the Nashville Draft:
- “Eyes On You” by Chase Rice,
- “On My Way To You” by Cody Johnson,
- “I Don’t Know About You” by Chris Lane,
- “Thought About You” by Tim McGraw,
- “Closer To You” by Carly Pearce
- “Love You Too Late” by Cole Swindle,
- “Keeping Score” by Dan + Shay featuring Kelly Clarkson,
- “Look What God Gave Her” by Thomas Rhett, (for the women owners)
- “Make It Sweet” by Old Dominion,
- “Talk You Out Of It” by Florida Georgia Line, ” and
- “Feels Like A Party” by LOCAS
The Nashville Draft also inspired me to write these thoughts:
What church can learn from the NFL Draft in Nashville: You can draw a crowd without letting one man hog the mic!
I love seeing so many players and their families praising God for their dreams coming true!
NFL teams draft for a sport; NFL fans for fantasy. But life’s most important picks are those that make a better you!
The draft grades for your choices in life will be clearly communicated in the consequences they create.
God makes everyone a first round pick, but many people refuse to hear His choice, go to the podium, and face the crowd in His name.