When the fruit of the Spirit isn’t freely flowing from within, we’re quenching the Holy Spirit. Here’s how we do that.
- Love: Self-focused Christians are shutting down the inner flow God’s love.
- Joy: Angry Christians are missing out on God’s joy.
- Peace: Worried Christians are dousing “the peace of God, which passes all understanding.”
- Patience: Frustrated Christians are turning off the flow of God’s patience.
- Kindness: Rude Christians are extinguishing God’s kindness within their own heart.
- Goodness: Disobedient Christians are refusing to let God’s goodness flow thru them.
- Faithfulness: Dishonest Christians are stopping God’s faithfulness from manifesting thru them.
- Gentleness: Harsh Christians are overriding God’s gentleness that is trying to come out of them.
- Self-control: Self-destructive Christians are ignoring God’s ability to give them restraint and self-control.
“Christ in you, the hope of glory,” but when we quench the Spirit, that hope’s stifled. If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough fruit of the Spirit in your life to convict you?
The more we surrender to the now Jesus, the more we manifest the nine aspects of the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus said that Christians are known by their fruit. Is the fruit of the Spirit regularly flowing thru you? (Want more spiritual fruit? Go here.)