I woke up this morning thinking about how I would tell someone what it’s like to have the risen Jesus Christ freely living in me. Here goes:
- Like a hand puppet, the more I let Jesus take control of me from within, the more animated and free I become.
- As a concept, Christ in me is interesting, but as an ongoing, daily experience, it’s infinitely powerful and life-changing.
- The living Jesus is like a sparkler in my heart, radiating never ending sparks of inspiration.
- Christ in me isn’t passive. The living Jesus makes me continually aware that there is someone besides me living inside of me.
- Surrendering to the continual embrace of Jesus is like a comforting, healing hug that never ends.
- A religious teaching or program could never give me peace, but surrender to the risen Jesus releases peace that never ends.
- Christ in me is a flowing fountain sending streams of glory in every direction (if I don’t shut Him down).
- Like a spring in the desert, the living Jesus irrigates my heart and turns my desert into His garden.
- The living Jesus creates an aliveness in me that shapes me and guides me in ways and to places that I wouldn’t choose to go.
- Christ in me continually prompts me to move out of my comfort zone and into His discipleship zone.
- The risen Jesus is the immovable Rock that keeps me stable and secure during all the turbulence that happens in my heart.
- All humans eventually collapse like an empty space suit falling of its hook, unless we let the risen Jesus suit up and live in us.
- Jesus said that He would teach His disciples and that they would hear His voice. He speaks to and teaches me everyday.
- The risen Jesus shines His light so brilliantly inside me that I’m captivated by His glory and healed from desiring darkness.
- Christ in me isn’t about imposing my will on other people, but about allowing Him to do His will in and thru me.
- The living Jesus continually unleashes inner fire hoses of hope that keep discouragement from burning down my faith.
- When I focus on the living Jesus as I read the Bible, He makes the words jump off the page and dance in my heart.
- The more I give Jesus permission to live in and thru me, the more like Him I become.
- It’s an incredible thing to realize that Jesus rose so that He can continue His life in me (and His other disciples) and to experience that reality through out each day.
Christianity: If it ain’t happening inside you, there’s a strong chance it ain’t happening to you.
Steve, your puppet reminded me of something my dad told me long ago about going to Sunday school as a young boy and happily singing about Gladly, the cross-eyed bear. Thanks for a great post!