True Christianity’s not
What you know.
It’s how you let go
With God’s Spirit.
Christianity should overflow with power. Counterfeit Christianity doesn’t:
- Supernaturally change people’s behaviors from the inside out.
- Heal and restore relationships.
- Fill people with love, joy, and peace that continually flows from within them.
- Set people free from addictions and compulsions.
- Empower people to live in victory over wrongful thoughts and behaviors.
- Encourage people to openly confess and repent of their sins.
- Train people to listen to and obey the living Jesus.
- Clearly demonstrate the power and presence of the risen Jesus.
- Deliver people from evil.
- Align its beliefs with the Bible.
- Love its enemies.
- Teach people to humble themselves.
- Cast out demons.
- Overflow with the gifts of the Spirit.
- Honor and serve “the least of these.”
- Join together with other Christians as one body.
- Train people to “Consider others better than yourself.”
- Put obeying Jesus far above loyalty to a nation.
For far too long, Christianity has been trying to put the new wine of God’s Spirit into the old wineskins of religious tradition, formality, organization, and control. An honest look at churches would reveal that it’s not working.
“The eye cannot say to the hand, ‘I don’t need you!'” (1 Cor. 12:21) But the pastor says to the congregation (with actions, if not with words), “I don’t need you.”