Some of my most frequent God-assignments are:
- Be kind to people who are unkind to me,
- Read the Bible and let it touch my heart,
- Pray, worship, and exercise spiritual gifts with my wife.
- “Consider others better than yourself.”
- Meet with other people to experience Jesus together,
- Proclaim and demonstrate Jesus in creative ways,
- Pray with and for other people,
- Write and share (on my blog & social media) what God puts on my heart,
- Obey an inner prompting.
- Connect-heart to heart with the people God puts in front of me,
- Speak the truth in love.
- Use illusions (“magic tricks”) as an object lesson to teach spiritual truths,
- Pour out my heart to God by singing worship songs along with Amazon Alexa,
- Share my pain and struggles with people who will pray & give me godly advice.
- Meet with a small group of students at a tech college every week to encourage them to connect more closely with the living Jesus.
- Pray in tongues.
- Repeat the Jesus prayer: “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me a sinner.”
- Ignore my desires so I can obey Him better.
What are some of your frequent God-assignments?
I think the strangest God-assignment I’ve ever had was to carry (often with other people) a full-sized Salvation Army Flag (that proclaims the blood of Jesus and fire of the Holy Spirit) around an inner-city neighbor once a week or more, praying as we walked, for more than a decade.