In a moment
As a religious word
To Jesus as living Light
And glorious insight
Full of present-day
Power and might!
When I awakened from unawareness to awe in the presence of Christ, the living Jesus filled up my senses. Everyday Jesus shows me His presence, power, and reality through His wondrous web of many ways.
I continually need more Jesus-awareness. Jesus-information isn’t enough. Jesus-awareness matters!
- I sense Jesus working inside of me, healing my heart and molding my mind, offering me revelation and insight, and empowering me with strength that I didn’t know I had.
- When I observe the beauty, detail, and glory in nature, I’m aware that Jesus (“God with us”) is revealing His presence everywhere to whosever will see.
- Listening to and singing along with soul-stirring Jesus music often overwhelms me with His presence.
- When awe inspiring circumstances happen that are statistically off the chart (and they do every day) I’m aware that Jesus is present and working right now!
- Opening my heart to Jesus and talking with Him throughout the day makes me know He’s with me!
- Hanging out and interacting with people who have the Jesus-thrill lets me see Him working in them.
- When I freely express heart-felt love and adoration to Jesus, His glory floods my soul.
- The more I read the Bible with an open heart, the more real Jesus becomes to me.
- As I notice people doing loving acts of kindness, I’m aware (even if they’re unaware) that Jesus is acting through them.
- When I hear people talk about what Jesus has done and is doing in their life, I feel His presence!
- Frequently praying with the supernatural gift of tongues makes Jesus feel more real to me than the physical world.
- When my conscious is activated to steer me in the right direction, I know that is Jesus is protecting me.
- Every time I count my blessings, I’m conscious of Jesus’ favor on my life.
- When I quietly listen to Jesus, thoughts come to my heart and mind that I know aren’t mine.
- The Jesus-thrill that I frequently feel lets me know that He is real!
People don’t spend their life hearing weekly lectures about their best friend. They spend time together. Jesus is my best Friend. Perhaps church could focus on training people to spend time with Jesus.
The institutionalized Jesus is defined and confined by religious leaders and organizations. The alive Jesus speaks for Himself. God has much to say beyond church.
Entitlement is to proudly believe that you have some self-focused claims on God. Grace is to freely and humbly admit that you are at God’s mercy and have no claims on Him and no rights before Him. Even the most exemplary Christ-followers are only “unworthy servants.” “Lord, have mercy on me a sinner.”