Jesus is Lord, means:
- Christ’s choices, not my choices.
- Sold-out discipleship, not shipwrecked religion that has abandoned the practice of daily discipleship.
- Christ’s control not my control.
- In Jesus’ name, not in my name.
- Christ’s will be done, not my will be done.
- Jesus sets my boundaries, not me.
- “Christ in you, the hope of glory,” not human-powered religion.
- Self-surrender, not self-care.
- What the living Jesus desires, not what I desire.
- I belong to the risen Jesus, not to myself.
Jesus, I belong to You . . . (O Lord, help me to let You fully control the keyboard of my life every moment of every day and night so that You can continually write whatever You want to on the tablet of my heart and mind and freely direct my thoughts, feelings, words, and behaviors according to Your will not mine.)