These points show that racial justice is much more Christian than Marxist:
- The only supremacy in biblical Christianity is Christ supremacy.
- In Christ, the wall between races has been torn down. “There is neither Jew nor Gentile.” Galatians 3:28.
- Jesus wants His followers to all be one, not divided by race. (John 17:21)
- Society being just and fair is a major theme through out the Bible.
- The Bible says that Christians come from “every kindred and every tribe.”
- Christians are supposed to be “speaking the truth in love,” including the truth about racial injustice in the past and present.
- The two great American racial justice movements (civil rights and abolition) were led by Christians.
- Jesus respected and honored Samaritans, going against the major racial hatred of the culture of His time. Also, the early Christians freely accepted Samaritans as equals, even though it went against their culture’s prejudice.
- “Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.” Exodus 22:21
- Christianity teaches that all people are made in God’s image.
- There are no racial exemptions to “love one another.” 1 John 3:15-16 says: “The one who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him. This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.”
Learn more about the Christian foundations of antiracism by clicking this link.