- 1) Where do you open up and connect heart-to-heart with other Christians?
- 2) Where do you spontaneously pray aloud with and for other Christians?
- 3) Where do you humble yourself, pray, seek God’s face, and turn from your wicked ways as stated in 2 Chronicles 7:14?
- 4) Where do you open up to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and let them operate in and through you?
- 5) Where do you obey the 50+ New Testament “one another commands?”
- 6) Where do you read the Bible everyday with an open and humble heart?
- 7) Where do you overcome the devil by the word of your testimony? (See Revelation 12:11.)
- 8) Where do you “consider others better than yourself.”
- 9) Where do you listen to and obey “Christ in you” and let His Spirit lead you?
- 10) Where do you pour out your heart in praise, worship, and adoration for the living, resurrected Jesus?
Christians need to be Christ-controlled not church-controlled. It’s much more important to focus on connecting with and staying connected to the risen Jesus than it is to join a religious organization.
Teaching Christianity with sermons is like teaching swimming with lectures. Most sermons box up the Bible like a boxed lunch that is quickly forgotten. The essence of Christianity isn’t sermon-hearing; it’s listening to and obeying “Christ in you.”
Here are my answers to the 10 questions:
- I open up and connect heart-to-heart with other Christians in homes, in cars, in parks, in small groups on the phone, online, and sometimes in restaurants.
- I spontaneously pray aloud with and for other Christians in the same places as number one.
- I try to follow 2 Chronicles 7:14 wherever I am.
- I try to be sensitive to and open up to the gifts of the Spirit anywhere and everywhere.
- Wherever I am with other people I try to obey the one another commands.
- I read the Bible everyday mostly in my living room.
- I overcome the devil with the word of my testimony any chance I get to tell someone about what Jesus has done and is doing in and through me. I frequently testify about Jesus on my blog and on social media.
- This one is difficult to succeed at, but I try to consider others before me anywhere I am.
- I seek to let the Spirit lead me everywhere I go.
- I pour out my heart in praise, worship, and adoration most frequently when I’m at home. Both my wife and I love to ask Alexa to pray anointed worship songs and then we passionately sing along with them. Some of my favorite Alexa requests are: Andre Crouch, Selah, Rick Pino, The Maranatha Singers, Jesus Culture, and All Sons And Daughters.